STUDIO POLICIES AS OF SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
As a teacher I am committed to creating a positive learning and teaching environment for all families and students. For this reason, it is important that all students and parents understand and abide by the polices below.
- As of September 23rd, 2021, lessons will be at a rate of $35 per 30 minutes, $52.50 per 45 minutes OR $70 per hour and are subject to annual review.
- Lessons will be grouped in 2 semesters totalling 34 lessons.
- 1st Semester September → January (16 weeks)
- 2nd Semester February → June (18 weeks)
- Lessons are paid a month in advance, at the beginning of each new month. Invoices will be given on the first lesson of every month with payments due on or before the second lesson of that same month.
- Payments can be made by e-transfer, cheque or cash. Cheques to be made payable to: Shannon Mercer
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson. This includes leaving messages by phone or email.
- No shows or failure to notify teacher within 24 hours is considered a forfeited lesson – exceptions and emergencies happen. Talk to me. These circumstances will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- No more than 2 cancellations per semester.
- There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
- Should you decide to stop taking lessons altogether, 2 weeks’ notice must be given.
- MAKE UP LESSONS
- Lessons cancelled with at least 24-48 hours ahead of the scheduled lesson will receive a make-up lesson at a time convenient to both teacher and student – up to 2 lessons per semester.
- Missed lessons due to teacher illness or emergency will ALWAYS be rearranged or made up at mutually convenient time or during the make- up week at the end of June.
- WEATHER CANCELLATIONS
- If OCDSB schools are closed or close early, lessons will be cancelled and made up at a mutually convenient time as soon as possible. If weather threatens the lesson schedule the night before, I will contact the parents and advise if lessons are cancelled. If a cancellation of an in-person lesson occurs due to inclement weather, there is always the option to have a Zoom lesson if requested.
- Books will be selected and purchased by the teacher. Payments for the books are paid to the teacher when the student receives the new book(s), or may be paid with lesson invoice payment.
- STUDIO CALENDAR
- Lessons will begin on Monday, September 23rd, 2021, and run through Saturday, June 11th, 2022.
- There will be NO lessons on the following dates: (2021/2022)
- Monday November 1 → Sunday November 7 – Vacation
- Monday December 19→ Sunday January 1, 2022 – Christmas Break
- Monday March 14→ Sunday March 20 – March Break
- You will not be charged for lessons that would have occurred on these days.
- Friday April 15 → Good Friday (No Lessons)
Lessons that would have occurred on this day will be made up on an agreed upon time.
- Monday June 13th → Saturday June 19th will be used for make-up lessons (if necessary).
- A NOTE ABOUT PRACTICE
- A little practice every day will take students far and they will make strides with consistency. Practicing for 10-15 minutes a few times a week (minimum) will yield better results than a cram session. Muscle memory develops from daily practice.
- A SPECIAL NOTE RE: COVID -19
- Your child’s health and safety are of the utmost importance to me. I am closely monitoring the situation by following regular updates from the federal, provincial, and local health officials. I am aligning my practices with Public Health guidelines. I will make any adjustments as required. If by government mandate, school closures or old fashioned common sense it is decided that in person lessons should be suspended, any in person lessons will transition to online until it is safe to resume being in person again. If you wish to change from in person to online at any time please contact me to see how we can accommodate your request in the current schedule.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please indicate on your Registration Form that you understand and agree to abide to the above studio policies.